Parents and guardians of students new to Hanover County must register their eligible children by contacting the principal of the school their child will attend.  Parents are requested to bring the required documents when registering their child.  Please click on the link provided below to assist in finding the schools in your attendance zone.


Hanover County Public Schools will hold
2018-2019 Kindergarten Registration on Thursday, April 19, 2018 from 8:00 AM -
4:00 PM.  Parents should register at their residential school.  Parents are requested to bring the required documents when registering their child.  Please bring your child with you to registration if possible. 

For further information see Additional Information or contact the principal of your residential school.

You can also download the Kindergarten Handbook by clicking HERE.

  Enrollment Forms 
Please click on Student Enrollment Information Forms below to download and print copies which may be completed and brought with you to your school when you visit to enroll your child.

Student Enrollment Form (PDF)
Affirmation Regarding Expulsion

To register an eligible child, the parent or guardian will need the following documents in order to register:>
  • Child's Birth Certificate (official or certified copy)
  • Photo ID of parent or legal guardian
  • School Entrance Health Form;
  • Proof of address reflecting the resident's name and physical address must also be provided and include either a signed current lease,  a deed, a current mortgage statement from the lender, or a sales contract for the purchase of the residence (signed by seller and purchaser) AND TWO of the following, which must reflect the resident's name, physical mailing address, and service address:

    • Current bill for land-line telephone, cable, internet, satellite, water, gas/oil or electricity service
    • Voter registration card
    • Current automobile registration card
    • W-2 tax document for the most recent tax year
    • A combined bill and receipt for personal property taxes paid within the current year
    • Bank statements, medical bills, or official correspondence from a governmental agency dated within the last two months

return to home pagecontact webmasterdisclaimer  . page last updated 04/18/2018