Go Back


Transfer of Credits


Students transferring into a Virginia public school shall be required to meet the requirements prescribed in 8 VAC 20-131-50 to receive a Standard, Advanced Studies, or Modified Standard Diploma (except as provided on page 7, Requirements for a Special Diploma, Certificate of Program Completion and GED (subsection F of 8 VAC 20-13-60). To receive a Special Diploma or Certificate of Program Completion, a student must meet the requirements prescribed by the Standards of Quality.

 A secondary school shall accept credits received from other accredited secondary schools, including schools accredited through the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE). The Board will maintain contact with the VCPE to review its accrediting procedures and policies on a periodic basis as part of its policies under this section.

Parents and students who have questions regarding transfer of credits may obtain additional information from the counseling office.





 Our Mission:  Hanover County School Counselors provide all students educational services, in collaboration with parents, school and the community, that foster
                       academic, career and social/emotional growth toward lifelong success and effective, responsible citizenship for a diverse and changing world.