Student Balances

A reminder for parents, students, and staff, please be sure to bring your meal account in the school cafeteria up to date by paying off all the charged meals before the end of the school year. If you are not sure if your child owes money, please call or write a note or contact the food service manager at your child's school to request that information.

Positive and negative account balances will automatically carry over to the next school year as your child moves up a grade or to a new school.

Because we carry over account balances from year to year, we do not make refunds of money left on an account except in a case where the student will not be returning to a Hanover county school in the fall. If you would like to request a refund under these circumstances, please make your request in writing to the cafeteria manager at your child's school. Be sure that the letter contains your full name and address so that the refund check can be sent to you after school ends in June.  Refund requests from the 2017-2018 school year will not be accepted after July 15, 2018. Because we do not want to run the risk of a child losing money at school, we do not like to make cash refunds from the register. Please call the central food services office at 365-4566 if you have any questions regarding refunds or account balance transfers.